Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Feature, infrastructure pictures!



So it’s a known fact I am a bit of a dork, I was in York recently and was more interested with the cycle infrastructure then with the old town, the walls, or all the amazing historical stuff in the city. It was the same in Vienna when I was there in early April; I was more interested in the Tram lines, then the amazing elements of old Vienna. Anyway going to start a Friday feature on cycling/sustainable infrastructure pictures. I will take from my collection as much as possible, and that should last me a good long time, as mentioned above I have a great deal of pictures of European transport systems. Sometimes it could be lack of infrastructure as the focus but I will try to pick images that focus on what is being done well, even if it was a token effort by the council.

So without further ado, today's image is from Glasgow, Scotland, which I visited in March of this year. The image is taken along the main waterway through the centre of town looking northwest. The Sustrans rout is Cycle Network rout 75 and the picture is taken at the Clyde Street access point. Enjoy


Sustrans Map location
Google Maps location

No comments:

Post a Comment